Holy Stone Safety-Rated Ceramic Capacitors
Holy Stone has one of the broadest industry offerings of Safety Certified Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors (MLCC’s). Our SCC series includes X2 and X1/Y2 classes rated at 250Vrm. These products are certified compliant to IEC60384-14 and UL60384-14. A 305Vrms 2220 size X2 version is also offered with compliance confirmed under TUV test report number 28208004 (May 27, 2010). These products are available in Class I NPO (COG) and Class II X7R dielectrics.
Characteristics of Safety MLCC’s:
Safety Capacitors have designations of X or X/Y. The X designation is used in "line to line" circuit applications in which a failure would not result in electrical shock. The Y designation refers to "line to ground" circuit applications where failure and loss of the ground connection could result in electrical shock. The X/Y designation refers to products that have been certified for use in either "line to line" or "line to ground" applications.
The numeric designation following the X(2), X(1)Y(2) refers to the AC Voltage Rating and the Impulse Voltage to which the product has demonstrated compliance. In the case of X2 the Rated AC Voltage is 250Vrms with Impulse testing performed at 2500Vrms Impulse Voltage. In the case of the X1/Y2 the Rated AC Voltage is 250Vrms with Impulse testing performed at 5000Vrms. (see Summary Specifications Chart for all Characteristics)
Holy Stone also offers a line of X1Y2 Safety Certified Capacitors suitable for Automotive Applications. These products are particularly suited for charging systems for Electric and Chargeable Hybrid Automobiles. Please see our AEC Automotive product line for AEC-Q200 and ACC product line for TS16949 (PPAP Level 3 + AEC-Q200).
- Small size and high capacitance
- Suitable for reflow soldering
- Safety standard approval by IEC60384-14, UL 60950-1 and UL60384-14
- RoHS compliant and Lead (Pb) free option
- Certified to: TUV R50005234, R50103496 & UL E229738 TUV R50162550 & UL E300818 & UL E229738 for Lead (Pb) free
- Available with Superterm® flexible termination
- Available with proprietary arc prevention coating
- Telecommunications Equipment including Telephones, Modems, Facsimiles, etc.
- Electronic Equipment and Appliances requiring protection from transient surges or lighting.
- Electric and Hybrid Automobiles in the charging circuitry.
In addition to Safety Certified MLCC’s Holy Stone offers a line of X1Y2 and X1Y1 Safety Certified Radial Leaded Disc Capacitors.
These products feature:
- Operating temperature range up to 125 deg C (UL/CSA:85)
- Safety capacitors specifically designed for use in modems, facsimiles, phones, lighting/LED, power, and other electronic equipment circuit applications. I.e. surge protection, EMI filtering and isolation
- The series is recognized by UL,CSA,TUV,CQC
- Coated with Flame-retardant epoxy resin conforming to UL 94-0 standards
- Suitable for automatic insertion
- RoHS compliant
- Halogen Free
- Custom lead configurations
See the SCD Series for available product ranges and additional information.
Please see the below schematic and reference for a LED lighting design example:
|C1: X Capacitor||SCC Series, 103-333pF, X x 1pcs|
|C2: Y Capacitor||SCC Series, 471-472pF, Y x 2pcs|
|C3: Primary-Secondary Coupling||SCC Series, 471-472pF, Y x 1pcs|
|C4: Smoothing Cap.||
MVC/HVC Series, 333-104pF, 630-1KVdc
HCP Series, 400Vdc
|C5: Snubber||MVC Series, 102-224pF, 250-630Vdc x 1pcs|
|C6: Snubber||MVC/HVC Series, 101-102pF, 630-1KVdc x 1pcs|
|C7: Output Smoothing||HCC/MVC Series, 105-106pF, 25-100Vdc x 1pcs|
|SCC Data Sheet||MVC Data Sheet||HVC Data Sheet||HCP Data Sheet||HCT Data Sheet||HCC Data Sheet|