The SCC series X1/Y1 safety capacitors are designed specifically for use in modem, facsimile, telephone, and other electronic equipment.
These parts are compliant to, EN60384-14, IEC60384-14, UL60384-14.
(This product is compliant with the RoHS & HF and Pb free.)
Parts Number Code
Nominal Capacitance and Tolerance
Standard Combination of Nominal Capacitance and Tolerance
E series(standard Number)
Operation Temperature Range
Storage Temperature：5 to 40 ℃
Relative Humidity：20 to 70 %
Storage Time：12 months max.
Configuration and Dimension
Electronic Nominal Specification
TUV : IEC 60384-14:2013+A1 EN 60384-14:2013+A1
UL :UL 60384-14
P.C. Board for Bending Strength Test (referring to IEC384-14 and EN132400)
According to customer's request.
Cover Tape Reel Off Force
5 g·f ≦ Peel≦ Off Force 70 g·f
1. Storage Store the capacitors where the temperature and relative humidity don’t exceed 40°C and 70%RH. We recommend that the capacitors be used within 12 months from the date of manufacturing. Store the products in the original package and do not open the outer wrapped, polyethylene bag, till just before usage. If it is open, seal it as soon as possible or keep it in a desiccant with a desiccation agent.
2. Construction of Board Pattern Improper circuit layout and pad/land size may cause excessive or not enough solder amount on the PC board. Not enough solder may create weak joint, and excessive solder may increase the potential of mechanical or thermal cracks on the ceramic capacitor. Therefore we recommend the land size to be as shown in the following table:
Size and recommend land dimensions for reflow soldering.
Mechanical strength varies according to location of chip capacitors on the P.C. board.
Design layout of components on the PC board such a way to minimize the stress imposed on the components, upon flexure of the boards in depanelization or other processes. Component layout close to the edge of the board or the “depanelization line” is not recommended. Susceptibility to stress is in the order of: a>b>c and d>e
Sometimes Crack is caused by the impact load due to suction nozzle in pick and place operation. In pick and place operation, if the low dead point is too low, excessive stress is applied to component. This may cause cracks in the ceramic capacitor, therefore it is required to move low dead point of a suction nozzle to the higher level to minimize the board warp age and stress on the components. Nozzle pressure is typically adjusted to 1N to 3N (static load) during the pick and place operation.
Amount of Adhesive
Most of components are wave soldered with solder at Peak Temperature.. Adequate care must be taken to prevent the potential of thermal cracks on the ceramic capacitors. Refer to the soldering methods below for optimum soldering benefits.
Recommend flow soldering temperature Profile
To optimize the result of soldering, proper preheating is essential:
1) Preheat temperature is too low
- Flux flows to easily
- Possibility of thermal cracks
2) Preheat temperature is too high
- Flux deteriorates even when oxide film is removed
- Causes warping of circuit board
- Loss of reliability in chip and other components
Natural cooling using air is recommended. If the chips are dipped into a solvent for cleaning, the temperature difference ( Δ T) between the solvent and the chips must be less than 100°C.
Preheat and gradual increase in temperature to the reflow temperature is recommended to decrease the potential of thermal crack on the components. The recommended heating rate depends on the size of component, however it should not exceed 3°C/Sec.
Recommend reflow profile for Lead-Free soldering temperature Profile (J-STD-020E)
Sudden heating of the components results in distortion due to a high internal temperature differential, causing cracked chips. When preheating, keep temperature differential Δ T, within the range shown in table. The smaller the Δ T, the less stress on the chip.
How to Solder Repair by Solder Iron
1) Selection of the soldering iron tip
Tip temperature of solder iron various by its type , P.C.board material and solder land size. Higher the tip temperature, quick the operation is .but the heat shock may crack the chip capacitor.
2) Recommended solder iron condition
- Preheating Condition：Board and components should be preheated sufficiently at 150°C or over, and soldering should be conducted with soldering iron as boards and components are maintained at sufficient temperatures.
- Soldering iron power shall not exceed 30 W.
- Soldering iron tip diameter shall not exceed 3mm.
- Temperature of iron tip shall not exceed 350 ℃ and the process should be finished within 5 seconds. (refer to MIL-STD-202G)
- Do not touch the ceramic dielectric with solder iron other than the terminations. Direct contact of the soldering iron with ceramic dielectric of chip capacitor may cause crack.
- After soldering ,let the products to cool down gradually in the room temperature.
※ The soldering to lose the use of electronic heat gun.
Handling after chip mounted
Please pay attention put the component lateral to the direction in which stress acts.
Crack will be caused if board is warped due to excessive load by check pin.
5.3 Mechanical stress due to warping and torsion by dividing.
- (a) Crack occurrence ratio will be increased by manual separation.
- (b) Crack occurrence ratio will be increased by tensile force , rather than compressive force.
Handling of Loose Chip Capacitor
If dropped the chip capacitor may crack.
Piling the P.C. board after mounting for storage or handling, the corner of the P.C. board may hit the chip capacitor of another of board to cause crack.
Safekeeping condition and period
For safekeeping of the products, we recommend to keep storage temperature +5 ~+40 ℃ , Humidity 20 ~70% RH and use them within 12 months.